Region & State

3 die in Nashville; carbon monoxide to blame

Three people, including two juveniles, are dead due to carbon monoxide poisoning, Howard County officials said Friday.

The victims were Raymond Jones, 49, and two juveniles, ages 13 and 14. All three were Nashville residents.

Nashville Police Chief Amy Marion said that at 11:15 a.m. Friday, Oct. 14, 2022, the Howard County Sheriff’s Office responded to a residence on Mill Street following a 911 call regarding three unresponsive males at the residence. Upon arrival they discovered the three victims in an outbuilding behind the residence.

An investigation revealed the three had been using the outbuilding as a temporary residence while their home was undergoing renovation. “A generator was being used for electricity in the outbuilding and had been running all night” Thursday and into Friday morning, Marion said. “It appears that the three victims died from carbon monoxide poisoning.”

Howard County Deputy Coroner Chris Janes pronounced the victims deceased at the scene. The bodies were transported to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for autopsies.

The Nashville Police Department, Howard County Sheriff’s Department and Nashville Fire Department participated in the investigation.

Categories: Region & State

Tagged as:

Leave a Reply