The Arkadelphia School District has been closely monitoring the on-going situation regarding COVID-19.
The anticipated challenges as the week progresses are very concerning:
- Number of staff currently positive and those that may test positive who will not be able to return until after the holiday
- Staff and student absences increasing daily
- Bus driver absences nearing critical levels
- Cafeteria staffing concerns
- Daycare closures contributing to staff absences
- Staffing concerns for students who require specialized care
Based on these concerns and the significant increase in positive COVID cases among staff and students, the district will utilize two (2) AMI (Alternative Methods of Instruction) Days for Thursday, January 13 and Friday, January 14. Per the student calendar, the district is closed Monday, January 17 for the MLK Holiday. Students will return Tuesday, January 18.
Wednesday, January 12, will be a regularly scheduled school day. As of now, we have enough personnel to support classroom instruction and related services. The district also wanted to ensure that our patrons had adequate time to make alternate plans for childcare.
Instructional Expectations during AMI Days:
- All certified staff will be available by phone or email during school hours.
- K-2 teachers will be communicating with families via Seesaw.
- Grades 3-5 students are bringing lesson packets home on Wednesday afternoon.
- Grades 6-8 students are required to login to Buzz and check student email.
- Grades 9-12 students are required to login to Echo and check student email.
- Completed assignments will be used for attendance and could be used for grades.
Teachers will notify students of any Google Meet/Zoom opportunities. However, attendance is not required. If internet access is a concern for your household, please contact your student’s teacher and let them know.
Classrooms and school buildings will be sanitized and disinfected during the campus closure.
AMI Meal Assistance:
Please complete this form if you are in need of assistance providing meals for your student(s).
The meal boxes will include two lunch and two breakfast meals. To qualify, the student must be enrolled in the Arkadelphia School District.
You MUST complete and submit the form no later than January 13th at 9:00 a.m.
Pick up will be at the Arkadelphia High School cafeteria. MEAL PICK UP TIME: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. on January 13th. Meal delivery is not available.
Athletics events will continue as scheduled at this time. Any additional information will be shared by our Athletic Department and through social media.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to navigate these challenging unpredictable times.