By HENDERSON STATE NEWS
Lamarr Bailey was inducted into the Henderson State University Business Hall of Fame during the Business, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship awards ceremony April 20.
Bailey is a 1984 graduate of Henderson State where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. He has served as the executive pastor and chief operating officer of Saint Mark Baptist Church in Little Rock since 1999.
Bailey serves on the Board of Trustees of Baptist Health Arkansas and serves on the Henderson State University Foundation Board of Directors. He also serves as the vice-chairman of the Board of Elders of Saint Mark Baptist Church; secretary of the Board of Elders of Destiny Church of Fort Worth, Texas; and as the vice-president of Tendaji Community Development Corp. of Little Rock.
Prior to his current position, Bailey was employed as a private investigator and claims specialist with Equifax Services for about 14 years.
Six Henderson business students received Outstanding Student awards during the event.
Blaise Smith, a senior from Bryant, received the Print Mania Outstanding Management Student Award. He is majoring in Business Administration.
The Ross Godwin Outstanding Marketing Student Award was presented to Carson Bearden, a senior from Genoa. Bearden is double majoring in Marketing and Data Science.
Jinna Boonbumroongsuk, a junior Business Finance major from Bangkok, Thailand, received the Southern Bancorp Outstanding Finance Student Award.
Hayden Hilson, a senior Accounting major from Benton, was presented with the ARCPA Outstanding Accounting Student Award.
The CRC Data Science Outstanding Student Award went to Trey Gaston, a senior Data Science and Marketing major from Camden.
Mei Atsuta, a junior from Tokyo, Japan, received the Oren Harris Outstanding Business Law Student Award. She is majoring in Accounting.
The following scholarships were also announced:
- Elliot Deutsch, BKD Accounting Scholarship
- Monica Tedford, Brenda & Lee Richardson Scholarship
- Christina Miller, Bill and Eunice Harrington Scholarship
- Cayden Davis, Brookshire’s Focus on the Future Scholarship and Christopher Castleberry Memorial Scholarship
- Hayden Hilson and Aaron Lott, Christopher M. Wewers Business Scholarship
- Dylan Rich, Deborah & William Nolan Scholarship
- Joshua Murray, Dr. Louis Dawkins School of Business Scholarship
- Micah Wyatt, Ethan M. Thompson BBA Scholarship
- Alexandria Wesson, Hendershot-Lacy Scholarship
- Alijah Evans, HCJ CPAs & Advisors Scholarship
- Riley Eads, Lois Dodson Business Scholarship
- Ashley Olivas, Oscar & Eathel Greenberg Scholarship
- Mariya Sasser and Robert Thornton, Sam & Judy Barker Scholarship
- Brenda Salas-Venegas, Stella Spoon Accounting Scholarship
- Taylor Smith, Tad & Judy Krug Scholarship
- Jakobi Scott, The Robert C. “Bob” Fisher Scholarship
Leave a Reply