Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson expressed his “full confidence, support, and excitement” in the future of Henderson State University in a joint news conference with Henderson chancellor Chuck Ambrose Thursday.
The start-up grants cover 85 percent of the costs associated with a new program, with the school district committing to cover the remaining 15 percent.
The Arkansas School Recognition Program (authorized by Ark. Code Ann. § 6-15-2107) recognizes the top 10 percent of schools that achieve high student performance on the state-required assessments in grades 3 through 10.