LITTLE ROCK — Arkansas Attorney General Tim Griffin today issued a Consumer Alert after filing a lawsuit against Conway-based H2O Pools and Supplies, LLC, and its owner for violating the Arkansas Deceptive Trade Practices Act by failing to perform contracted services or provide purchased goods:
“I filed a lawsuit against H2O Pools and Supplies, LLC and its owner, Victoria Harvey, seeking restitution for Arkansans who have paid more than $500,000 for pools at their homes but instead have been left with—in some cases—little more than a hole in the ground,” Griffin said in a news release Friday morning.
“I am also seeking civil penalties as some deceptive acts were committed against elderly Arkansans. Additionally, I am asking for an injunction to prevent the company and owner from operating any pool-related business in Arkansas, so they no longer have an opportunity to prey upon our citizens.”
Griffin says his office has received 26 consumer complaints against H2O Pools and Supplies, LLC, through the beginning of March. Additionally, the Better Business Bureau has received five complaints against the company while the Arkansas Contractor’s Licensing Board received another seven.
In the suit, Griffin says the company and its owner:
- Offered to sell and install pools and pool liners for home installation.
- Collected down payments for purchase of “pool kit,” “all supplies” and “material.”
- After accepting money, failed to provide receipts for purchased goods.
- Ignored complaints or failed to provide a solution to consumers, eventually stopping communication.
- Harassed consumers who made negative social media posts complaining about the company.
H2O Pools and Supplies, LLC, has also had its registration with the Secretary of State’s Office revoked.
To read the lawsuit filing, click here.
Arkansans who wish to report concerns about the subject of this Consumer Alert or desire more information should contact the Arkansas Attorney General’s Office by calling (800) 482-8982 or by visiting www.arkansasag.gov.
Categories: Region & State